Thursday, October 23, 2008

LEA HENDRIX.


How do I describe Lea Hendrix's Powerlifting performance on October 18th in Seattle. Actually, I can't, but at least I will try. Beauty...Strength...Honour... Imagine, competing in a full Powerlifting Contest, setting State Records, having the crowd on its feet a mere 72 hours after intense Chemotherapy Treatment. I have lifted competitively since 1993 and have seen many, many awesome lifting performances but nothing will ever compare to the lifting performance I saw Lea turn in, or will continue to perform for many years to come. It is an honour to lift in the same contests as Lea and her Husband Roger. As I write this Blog entry on a cold, Grey,raining Monday morning in Downtown Vancouver the day looks a whole lot brighter knowing Lea Hendrix is my friend.

(Photo from Robert O Smith)
(Jody Cranston / Events)